Author Posts

June 13, 2016 at 2:22 am

I was informed today that two blogs I wrote of a more personal nature are not allowed to be published simply because I chose to write something less SEO, knowing I’d get paid less, and more personally oriented.  Since the moderators are invoking this type of censorship, LB is not the place for me and I will be leaving today after I post this.  I just wanted to wish you all the best in your earning endeavors my friends.

Most of you know where to find me 😉

Lola

June 13, 2016 at 2:46 am

Sorry to see you go, but wishing you all the luck in the writing world and beyond.

June 13, 2016 at 2:49 am

I will probably be next as I like writing sites that you don’t have to write SEO related.  I think people can relate more to personal things.  When you write about personal things we’re sharing advice right?  Isn’t giving advice what SEO topics are???

June 13, 2016 at 4:57 am

I thought that they said that all types of posts would be published but if they were not SEO related then they would earn less from them. I am confused now. I wish they would make their minds up and set the rules down with this censorship in them.

June 17, 2016 at 6:02 am

I am sorry that you don’t feel the site is a good for you, @lolaze. Do you have a blog? Your content is not only intensely personal, but also more of an ongoing story that would be really well suited to your own blog. I think people would enjoy reading a more episodic account of your experiences, interspersed perhaps with some explanations of the more technical side of medications, treatments, etc. I think it could be quite successful!

@4cryingoutloud If personal content is written in a way that search engines can figure out where to file it, and that somebody would search for it, then it’s SEO. Otherwise, it’s an online diary. The problem with writing a diary on a site is that your posts don’t all appear together (unless it’s a site like BlogJob, where you post to your own blog on the site.) People won’t be as interested in your personal story if it’s just a post here or there – except people who already know you.

June 17, 2016 at 8:28 am

@lolaze/

I feel the same way too.

It is unfair that we can’t write our personal experience post here.

Yeah, I thought that we can write a rant post, even no SEO because I read a forum here before that @support said it is OK to write a rant post, write as many post as you can, be it SEO or not.

That is why I started to write my first rant post and Bummer!

I got 10 cents for it instead of the usual 22 cents!

I won’t be writing this personal post anymore but will  share my thoughts in forums instead as another fellow writer had suggested.

Where is you blog?’

Let me know, gonna missed ya!