Author Posts

June 4, 2016 at 8:58 pm

We have the option of comment moderation on our blogs. What are views on moderating the comments on your blogs? Are your blogs open to comments or you moderate the comments before they are published?

June 4, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Do you mean we have this option in the LiteracyBase blog posts, or our own blogs?

As for my personal blogs, I did not want to turn on the comment moderation option at the beginning, as I would just like to publish any comments that are given to my blog posts. But, there was once there were quite a number of spam comments, hence I just had to turn on the option. Besides the reason for stopping the spam comments to be published automatically, I don’t have other reason to turn on the comment moderation option yet.

What do you think about the option?

June 5, 2016 at 7:41 am

Actually it is best to moderate comments before having the comments automatically being there without your knowledge. I even wants that to happen at Blogjob, however, since we get paid when we response back to a comment that is why we let it slide. I hope I can moderate my comments in here because some opinions varies, I know that for sure, but some comments for sure might lead to somewhere and not topic related.

June 5, 2016 at 7:48 am

I think there is no point in moderating comments.

If there are comments that are insulting, it is best to report, and perhaps their accounts will be deleted.

June 5, 2016 at 11:44 am

@scheng1 With the report option unwanted comments can be taken care of.

June 5, 2016 at 4:12 pm

I had a spammy comment .I knew it because that person was not a member. She told I received a big money,LOL. It is also good to moderate a comment before posting to avoid some offenses.