Thanks to shaloo walia for always sharing memes. Sometimes I can latch on to the memes borrowed from Sunday Stealing and supply my answers to those fun questions. The memes are great because they kind of reveal your personality and disposition.
Below are my answers to the Book Preference Meme.
(See shaloo walia’s Questions and Answers.)
Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror?
- Fantasy. While all three are make-believe, fantasy genre can truly take me to places I’ve never been. Science fiction can take you to a new world, but I usually don’t want to go there. 🙂 As for Horror? Horror sucks!
Hardback or Trade paperback or Mass market paperback?
- Paperback. I’m old school. Yes I know everybody is going around with their Kindle loaded with a bazillion books. But I like the lightweight convenience and portability and the feel of touching the pages of a paperback book.
Amazon or Brick and Mortar?
- Brick and mortar. Like I said … I’m old school.
Barnes & Noble or Borders?
- Both! But I have visited Barnes & Noble more than Borders. There were always more Barnes & Noble stores in the neighborhoods where I’ve lived.
Bookmark or Dog-ear?
- Love bookmarks. They also make good gifts. For example, for kids (or adults), place bookmarks in a birthday or Christmas card, instead of a dollar bill.
Asimov’s Science Fiction or Fantasy & Science Fiction?
- Pass on this question. (O.o) Should as Fantasy OR Science Fiction.
Alphabetize by author, Alphabetize by title, or Random?
- By author. Last name, First. Try to alphabetize by title and people get confused. Random? I’d go nuts!!
Keep, Throw away or Sell?
- Donate to local public library.
Keep dust-jacket or Toss it?
Buy or Borrow?
- Buying is nice. Borrowing is more practical.
Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse?
- Browse, recommendations, reviews. In that order.
Collection (short stories by the same author) or Anthology (short stories by different authors)?
Tidy ending or Cliffhanger?
- Uuuhh … a cliffhanger ultimately concluded with a tidy ending.
Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading?
- Any time there is time!
Standalone or Series?
Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
- Had a book once called “Fascinating Facts”. Lost it while moving from house to house (I think). Miss that book. Can’t find it anywhere.
Favorite genre series?
- Historical romance (fiction). Biographies. Spy thrillers.
- Random non-fiction books I find in my son’s library (boxes in his bedroom loaded with a bunch of books). He’s the only one in our house with books! 🙂