Tomatoes are usually used in preparing for our foods; it is either for a salad or as an ingredient for a viand. As long as tomatoes soothe and are refreshing to our digestive system, it will give a list of benefits not only for our body health but also to our beauty regime.
The beneficial nutrients we can get from the tomatoes like alpha- and beta-carotene, lutein, iron, lycopene and other vitamins are useful in ensuring healthy skin and hair as well. There are many ways on how to use tomatoes in maintaining our beauty that you could look forward.
For Skin Care
- Tomatoes can be used to lessen acne when regularly use. It has an astringent property that absorbs the excess oil from the face and a cooling property that soothe the skin. All you have to do is mash the tomato and spread its paste evenly on the face. Leave it on your skin for an hour and thoroughly rinse it with water. You may finish it with a moisturizer.
- To control oiliness of the face, tomatoes is also good for it. Extract the tomato and blend its juice to a cucumber juice. Thereafter, dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply it on your face. Use it daily for a better outcome.
- For a fair complexion, tomato juice is more effective to use. Apply it on your face with honey for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing.
- Tomato can also lighten up the skin. Use tomato extracts on daily basis. Tomato has a vitamin A and C, which helps to brighten the dreary skin.
- If your skin is sunburn, apply a mush of tomato with olive oil on the affected area. Sesame oil or coconut oil can be a substitute for olive oil if not available. The lycopene content of the tomato helps restore and slow down cell damage from free radicals. The best result after using it within 1 to 2 months. You may continue using this remedy to avoid the harmful effect of ultra-violet rays of the sun.
- For skin pores tightening, rub the desired amount of tomato juice on your skin. It will squeeze wide pores or it serves as natural astringent instead of using lotion. Leave it for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse it with water.
- Blackheads are one of the common skin problems encountered by many. It was proven that rubbing or even pressing a sliced tomato on the face could cure blackheads. You may also massage its juice on your skin or on the areas with blackheads. Wash it and moisturize.
For a Beautiful and Healthy Hair
- A dull and damage hair have some home remedy solution. Tomato juice is one of it. The vitamin and iron content of the tomato helps in restoring the damaged cell of the hair. It will make the hair shinier and beautiful. After you washed your hair with shampoo, apply an amount of tomato juice for a few minutes then rinse it off.
- If you have dandruff, you may also apply tomato juice on your head. Massage it on the scalp for about 4 to 5 minutes before washing it. This remedy may also reduce scalp irritation.
What else are tomatoes can do to our body?
Aside from those listed beauty benefits, tomatoes are also good for the following health benefits:
- It helps prevent several types of cancer.
- It strengthens our bones.
- It serves as antioxidant.on
- It is good for our cardiovascular organ.
- It also safeguards our body from high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Awareness of this tomato benefits is such a good thing. To experience its betterment, use it regularly. You can use it alone even without other beneficial ingredients.