85. If you wear braces, get extra calcium. Adjusting the position of teeth can leave small gaps in the jawbone. These need to be replaced with new bone. Take it as a supplement or eat plenty of green leafy vegetables.
86. Your smile is one of your best assets. Don’t ruin it with bad breath. Mouthwash does not kill the bacteria that creates bad breath. Brushing your tongue and gums and use floss often. If it still persists, consult your physician.
87. Do you wear full or partial dentures? First, ask your doctor if your denture contains any metal. If not, place your denture in a safe container, cover with water and microwave for about two minutes. This kills more bacteria than soaking in denture cleaner
88. Are your teeth discolored? This condition will really detract from your overall appearance. Visit your dentist for a cleaning and ask for the whitening procedure. Or, try some of the new teeth whitening products you can use at home
IT’S THE LITTLE THINGS
Did you know. . .that even in the enlightened period of time we live in, most women do not conduct regular breast exams on themselves? So what is a
segment on breast exam doing in a beauty book? Well, in order to use the tips in this guide, you have to be around to do it!
89. Make a self-exam of your breasts part of your daily beauty routine. It doesn’t take long and you can do it in the shower or in the bath. Just do it. More than 90 percent of all breast lumps are discovered by women themselves. The majority of all breast lumps are benign. One in ten women will develop breast cancer at some time in her life. Thus far, breast cancer cannot be prevented. But, with regular breast self-examination (BSE) and periodic screening, breast cancer can be detected early and treated properly! If you don’t know how to conduct the exam, ask your doctor for a chart that will teach you how. Then just do it!