When you wake up, what do you first drink? There are so many options on what many would drink. Typically here in America, many would opt for coffee. Or, milk, orange juice, juice, water. However, in reality – we should make ourselves a healthy drink but most of us are in a rush in the mornings. This detox water based drink is very healthy for you and effortless featuring key ingredients of turmeric, chia seeds and raw honey.
What ingredients will you need?
- Chia Seeds – half teaspoon
- Raw & Unfiltered Honey – one teaspoon
- Fresh Turmeric – about four thinly sliced pieces, more or less depending on your preference
- Warm hot water – enough to fill your glass cup
How to prepare this drink?
- Heat your warm water in a kettle over the stove or, heat your water with an electric kettle (however you heat your water up)
- Get a nice tall glass cup and scoop in half teaspoon of chia seeds. Once the warm water is hot and boiled – poor the hot water into the glass cup of chia seeds then stir. Stir until the chia seeds expand in size to me they look like tiny eyeballs. Back when I first tried chia seeds, it creeped me out because they literally reminded me of eyeballs.
- Then, you want to stir in one teaspoon of raw and unfiltered honey (the most pure and organic is the best for you since the sugars are natural – to know if your honey is real, authentic honey bee never hardens). Cut a few slices of fresh turmeric to add into your glass. Then stir everything in until the honey dissolves.
- Ready to drink and it will taste refreshing.
Plus by incorporating turmeric to your morning routine you are getting the health benefits of turmeric like:
- Natural anti inflammatory compound
- Increases antioxidants
- Helps prevent cancers
- Lower your risk of brain disease
- Lower your risk of heart disease
- And much more!